Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hiking Tumbledown

Dave and I have been assigned to participate in all the YW/YM activities and our first event was to go on this hike to Tumbledown Mt. We were told this was a very easy hike and we would have no trouble at all. It took us three hours to get up and it was mostly straight up with the upper part of the mountain being very rocky terrain. I think it was our cute seventeen year old, who is a marathon runner who came up with the word "easy". Dave and I thought we were going to die before we got to the top and for the two hours it took to go down, we were sure of it! Now that we have had a week to recuperate, we find that we are actually quite proud of our accomplishment.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks fun. You guys need to figure out how to not delete your other posts. Where did they all go?

jordan said...

way to go! itsn't that sense of accomplishment great, or maybe it isn't. Anyway, It looks like you guys are having fun and I'm sure the YM/YW just love you!

brooke said...

Kayaking, Hiking, a swimming Pool in your back yard, now that is a couples mission I want to go on. Looks like you guys are enjoying things so far.

Bryce Cranney said...

Uncle Dave, when you can walk up the stairs again let me know and I will show you a fun place to hike right up the road from where I live :) I hear you two were a little soar!! By the way our blog is http://cranneyscorner.blogspot.com/

Bryce

MegaPPod said...

Glad you are feeling better. At this rate you will come home in better shape than you left. As long as you stop coddling and feeding the elders too much!

Chambers Clan said...

How fun, the kids LOVE hiking and I'm impressed with how far Braden can go on his own. We got a baby backpack for Brooklyn. I'm impressed with the girl holding the baby in the front! I know I would Tumbledown! We just hiked around Sherwood hills yesterday:) I'm glad you didn't get too hurt!

Chris said...

That looks like something that would make me sore. Michelle invited me to a spinning class on Thursday, and after it was over, I nearly passed out. The scene was me lying on the lawn in front of the Rec Center, with Michelle standing there laughing. The next morning I woke up to discover some new sore spots. Sitting here writing this comment, shall we say, reminds me of the experience. Anyway, kudos to you for hanging in there with the YM/YW! Thanks for your great example. p.s. I'm with Matt - did you wipe the slate clean?